Google
 
Web Kodumai da saami!!


Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Namma ooru singari...


Edho nimmadhiya India-a kuppai kottindha ennai Australia anupitanga, but ofcourse, even I wanted to travel. But only after I came here, I realized the transformations I have to undergo. Avan avan vai-la kozhukattaiya vachindu pesaranunga!!! Especially my manager! I could understand atleast 75% of whatever others spoke, but this guy, yabba, mothathaiyum vaikullaye pesikaran! Naan patuku Baa-nu parka vendi iruku avanai. Ok, that was the first day..

Idhula innoru tragedy enna-na, I didnt undergo the cross-cultural training. So whenever I dont understand what he speaks, I do a "umm" and try grasping what he wants to know...idhai avanunga thappa edunthuntanga. So one day, when this guy came and asked me if things are ok, I did a "umm" to register it completely, and then said "yeah things are fine but"..avlodhan ivan innoruthanai parthu sirikaran, avan ennada-na "We are getting used to it, you say 'Yeah, things are great!' and then continue with 'Umm, but there is something...'" Idhu ennangada akramama iruku, naan umm sonnadhu firstla, adhai en mid-sentence-ku cut paste panni interpret panreenga????

Yet another day, I had some doubts (well, I am an inquisitive person, and I keep having questions) but little did I know that I cant use the same "doubt" term here, but should be using "questions" instead. Naan pattuku romba surusurupa poi "I have a few doubts" appadinu soltu, ellam kettundappuram, indha manager solran "You shdnt say doubts coz that gives an impression that you are doubting the design or the person, say I have a couple of questions" :((((

Namma ooru Singari Sydney pakkam vandhalam
pei muzhi muzhichikinu ninnalam

-nra kadhaiya aayiduchu en nilamai! Edho ippolam puriyudhu enna pesaran-nu, naanga lip reading, kadhula receptor equipment enhancement ellam panni oru range-ku vantomla!

10 Comments:

Blogger shree said...

ha ha ha!! the last few lines were ultimate dear! i laughed out so loud that the next desk person peeped in (ofcourse shocked after seeing ur foto and kept quite ;) ) so i can imagine how madhavan would have suffered in the movie.. err.. in the movie.. in the movie, hello, yenakku dhan nyabaga maradhi illa, please nengale decide pannikkonga!

8:52 PM  
Blogger senthil natarajan said...

i was in melbourne .... i loved the placed...

9:55 PM  
Blogger Ram said...

Chinna vishayatha, antha effect maarama sollirukkenga....Namma ooru Singari itle nalla porutham. :))

10:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nalla thaan irukku un australia experience..

naveenvp@gmail.com

10:40 AM  
Blogger Ram said...

Hi Usha - An year back , i have left the first comment for this post.(See the 3rd comment) That is done when i was in Riyadh. Now i am in sydney :-) . I recalled that I have read about sydney in one of ur earlier posts..so was serching and i reached this post ....hahaha..

5:22 AM  
Blogger Nagaraj said...

I am a graduate student in USA. I used to tell my advisor " I have some doubts" whenever I wanted to ask him some questions. He used to make fun, whenever I went to his office with a puzzled look, asking me "you have some 'doubts'??" and advise me to use questions instead of doubts. I never asked him what was so bad with saying doubts. Finally I got the answer to my 'question'. Thanks.

1:57 AM  
Anonymous Boopathi said...

Hey singari,


meiyalumey enna sirika vechu ennoda sindhanaya thoondi vittukeera nee...

Nice way of presentation... Claps for you

11:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

ithukku ivvalavu bulid up over

11:32 AM  
Anonymous kareem thaj said...

very nice.yentha visayamum comediya solla oru telent vendum.
appuram yenakku oru doubt i mean i had a question.ippo yeppadi irukku vaalkai ange.

2:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

kotha unakkum innum venumdi
veetile okkanthu TV pakkara nee ellam eduthukku di australia poganum
apparam pregnet aganum

8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home