Google
 
Web Kodumai da saami!!


Saturday, January 28, 2006

Thuyiladha pennonru...


At work in India...phew, and still not out of Australian blues. Last 2 weeks sema fast track-la Roller Coaster vida mosama pochu..oru 4 week schedule-a, 2 days-laye mudicha veeranganai anegama naan oruthi-adhan irupen, but ofcourse with its own costs.

There was absolutely no proper infrastructure until the last two days, and when things were 75% right, we just had to proceed with the phase as though things were ok. Namma life-la execution phase indha project-ku varave varadhu-nu naan yosichitirukum podhu, ennoda manager asked me, 'Is the report coming allright?' Ennadhu report-a?? Appadina? ada iraiva!! Erkaneve nondhu noodles ayiruken, idhula ennamo report ellam kekkarane! First of all, I dont even know how to create a report for this kinda phase! Seridhan, idhoda namma episode mudinjadhu-ntu, I started referring to earlier docs of the same kind. During one such reference padalam, he came over to my desk and spoke to me. Naamadhan F1 seek panrome, so udane minimize pannen, but he got a quick view of it, and came back later to ask me if that was the report I was making. Naanum yeah-nu solla poi sema kushi thalaivar-ku, it looks good-nu! Ada paavi, ippo indha standard-ku ennoda debut doc varanuma-nu thalila adichite vazhinjen avankitta...

The last two days were messy, dev manager vandhu thittaran "Usha, that was bad planning, you cant do this with minimal infrastructure" 'Vaada rasa, naandhan indha madhiri plan pannen, vera yaarum illa'-nu sabichitte I told him we cant help it blah blah..and my report also grew alongside. Last day-ku mudhal naal, I sent the draft version of the report to everyone, 10 mani varaikum kashta pattu office-la muzhichukittu adhai anuppina, vantan adutha naal dev manager..Usha, you shouldnt have done like this, do this another time-nu!! Ada pavi, naalaiku naan ooruku poganumya!!But who cares, he still made me do the stuff until the report came out saying his product was doing good..

Last day, I happily came to work thinking all I have to do is to add some powder to my doc and send it across when the same villian dev mgr came to me and told me to re-do something. Sema kaduppayiten, I still hadnt done my shopping, all I was doing was to stay at work till late night to finish stuff, and now he wants me to re-do something! I hid my irritation and started doing something when my manager called us to the BoardRoom for something. Evanda ivan seekiram velai mudika uda mattenran-tu I went grudgingly to the boardroom just to see a chocolate cake waiting for me and Cashew for our farewell..and also to know that the customer liked my report. Sema sandosham enaku, ippadi ellam kenainga irukangale, namma report kooda nalla report-nu solradhuku-nu oru 2 mins sandosha pattutu, I got back to work.

Andha dev manager-ku oru chinna guilty feeling, he said I can go out and do my shopping and come back, and my manager offered the same thing. Konja neram resist pantu I went for shopping and came back to see the final task getting done. Phew!! Last task, and another 30 mins on touching up the doc, I was finally free from the vicious cycle of a project execution! Later I learnt that my manager had arranged for the farewell himself, which no other manager had done for his folks...well, paavam, marappom manippom policy pola avaruku, naan ivalo koothadichum farewell tharar :)

Next day I said a GoodBye to Australia after paying up 150$ for losing one of my apartment keys..idhu kooda panla-na naan Usha-va iruka mudiyadhe..

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

welcome back usha. Thoroughly enjoyed reading it.

Aanaalum rombadhaan porumasali neenga. ivlo poruma iruntha...anytime...vetri nichayam !

6:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And, this cartoon soooper..

6:15 AM  
Blogger APAM NAPAT said...

Usha,
Did you know that after you leave the apartment it is mandatory to change the locks before letting out to the next tenant. So $150 fine is a little too much, I would think. At best you could have gone to a locksmith and made a duplicate. Idhula peruma vera.

9:41 AM  
Blogger KC! said...

Thanks Raaj :)

Rajesh, ofcourse naan try pannen duplicate panradhuku, but andha apartment rules padi duplicate ellam othuka mattangalam, so that was useless. And 150$ koduthachu, inimel kavalai pattu enna panna mudiyum? Sirichuka vendiyadhudhan, what say?

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home