Google
 
Web Kodumai da saami!!


Sunday, November 27, 2005

Meesai naraithalum...


There is this place called Paddy's Market near my apartment, and it is famous for the fact that you get everything there. So naamum Paddy's market parkalame-nu anga ponom. And as rightly described, adhu ellam kidaikara Ranganathan Street madhiridhan irundhadhu.

I got myself a belt (as my poor little fancy belt lost its fastener when I had been to the Great Barrier Reef) and then proceeded to the other parts of the market. Oru idathula Chinese style salwars vithundha oru lady, it looked nice with its collar and fancy fasteners. Seri ok, naama try pannalame-nu onnu try pannen -

First try:

The lady came inside the cloakroom to help me with fastening and said "You are tall and slim"

(Kaduppana sarcasm) "Does that matter? Won't this dress look good if I am tall and slim?"

"No no, I have seen a lot of girls who are tall and slim and this dress has been beautiful on them"

'Appadi vaa vazhiku, mmkm (namma oor ladies mogavai kattai idikaradhai imagine pannikonga)'

We came out and she commented on the alterations along with an old guy, presumably her husband, who was the tailor there - censor censor censor, namakkedhuku andha trivialities ellam..

So the first try went like this, and it was a bit loose, so she suggested a smaller size (enna panradhu, Australia-la mega size kooda vachirukanga)

Again, I went in and tried a green one (the previous one was a brown), and it fit well. Velila vandhu nindha, indha kizhavan solran "Wow, it fits perfectly, it is beautiful"

'Kizhava, un vayasuku ippadi nee kevalama look vittutu solla koodadhu'

"You have a great body "

'?!!!!'

"Your husband is so lucky"

'Seruppala adi, my husband lucky-a illaya-nu nee ennada solradhu? Vayasache, vayasuketha madhiri pesuvom-nu edhavadhu iruka? $*^$&#^%^#@%#$&'

And then came the worst, indha kizhavan edhayo alter pannanum-nu kai ellam mela vaikaran bastard! I was trying to avoid that, and thankfully that lady came and took over the alteration discussion..anyways, will all these unpleasant interactions, I decided I dont want the dress after all (Sigh! the dress was nice anways, if not for this damned old man!)

I have heard some girls' remarks, ofcourse I think the same too, that some old men are worse than youngsters. Youngsters atleast dont cross a certain limit, sight adipanga, avangalukulla pesipanga, but they dont come and cross your personal space. But these old men, having the age advantage, try touching young girls and comment happily on them. This is the first unpleasant experience for me in Australia, it had all been good till Sunday. :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home