Google
 
Web Kodumai da saami!!


Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Pacha kuzhandhayinnu paalooti valarthen...


Aniyayam! Akramam! Edho help kettane-nu oru thadavai help pannina, ivan ooruke help panna solran?! Adhaye muzhu nera thozhila vera aakitu poitane! Padhaga!

I had a good script which can enter data from an excel sheet (well, developers have a similar script too but as is the mindset of dev folks, they just randomly generate unintelligible numbers which no one but them can decipher or identify..naanga ellam rational normal makkal, adhanala as per Sense and Sensibility theory azhagana data dhan enter panvom :D) with which I was happily creating data for my team's sake in matter of seconds. Idhu andha padupavi functional payyanuku eppadiyo therinju pochu (engayo ulnatu sadhi) and he came over to me.

"Usha, I need some data to be created for my team, so can you please use your script to do so?"

Naanga altruistic-a nadandhukardha ninaichikitu told him I can do so and sent him my file format.. seri, colleagues dhane ellaroda victory dhan project victory-nu thathu pithu-nu ninaichutu generated the data too. That was the first time..

After a week or so, he came to me again and said he needs data to be created again. Engayo moolaila mani adichudhu, Usha, vera engayo pogudhu unnoda actual role inga-nu, but anyways me being me, I said "Yeah ok" and then came the bomb..

"Err..can you also help in data creation for UAT which is going to start in a couple of days?"

'Vaada en kokka makka, naan enna ooruke data create panradhuka inga vandhen???'

"Hey, that isn't fair, I cant be doing it for everyone!!"

"Please yaar, just this once.."

Naanum kenai madhiri othunten, although my mani was ringing continuously..

Appuram evano oruthan vandhan, vandhu enkitta doubt ellam kettutu "I'll send you the file you wanted" sollitu, file-um anuppinan, which was day-before yesterday. And unfortunately I just could not create the file due to various reasons, functional, technical..oorla iruka athanai problems-um vandhu, it took me almost 3/4th of the day to complete just 400 records! Aniku-nu parthu andha padupadhagan varala, comp-off!! Enakudhan tharanum ellarum comp-off inga!

And to add to my frustration, one of the dev guys started calling me DEO (Data Entry Operator), adhu kooda D.E.O-nu solradhilla, DEO(as someone says deoderant in the short form) appadinu! Enaku kaduppana kadupu..

And yesterday I told Mr. Padupadhagan that I am not doing anymore of this thing, and he said "C'mon Usha, you get to know more people and get more responsibilities.." and I retorted "I can as well call him for a cup of coffee and get to know him (u duffer!)" Nakkala vera sirichindhan ennai parthu. I thought it was all over until the guy who had given me the excel files came again with my manager to the same room where I was talking to Mr. PP and my manager told him "Usha can help you with the remaining data as well" !!!!! Idhu enna akramama iruku, ellarume enaku aapu vaikaranga?! Muraichitte irundhen PP-a, meanwhile the dev guy who calls me DEO comes to the same room (now this is the room where all ftnal people sit, and that is around 10) and broadcasts to them that I have been christened DEO! En vidhiya nondhutte I created that data as well after getting back to my desk. And the dev guy continued going all over the place and conveying everyone my new name much to the amusement of everybody.

Come today, and I find that the data I had created for myself had vanished!! Poi andha DEO payyanai pichi eduthen only to find that I had accidentally entered it in another environment :( Sodhanai, idhukudhan oorpatta envo-la data entry panna koodadhu-nradhu!! I started creating data when Mr. PP gave his entry again and said he wanted some data to be created for his team (I have forgotten now idhuvaraikum evalo thadavai panniten-nu)..ada paavi, innum evaloda naan pannuven?? But as it happens, I am doing it now :( with an information that I will do one more a few days later.

Inimel yaarkum help-e panna koodadhu, panninalum I think I should clearly state it is an one-time help and no more requests are entertained...probably put up an 'Access Denied' message. Oore ennai parthu sirikudhu inga, and that guy continues to call me DEO...

3 Comments:

Blogger APAM NAPAT said...

Usha enakkum konjam data enter pannanum. Andha scripta konjam...
:-)

9:47 PM  
Blogger APAM NAPAT said...

Actually I enjoy your thought flow. Tamil and English combination sooper. Appapo words like altruistic - Soopero Sooper.
Good job. Keep helping them; you may end up a CEO from DEO, Down Under.

PS:- Aamam neenga enna outsourcing company oda employeeya?

9:53 PM  
Blogger KC! said...

Thanks for that (hope that isnt vanja pugazhchi, illana innoru MIG unga mela vizhum)..am an employee of a service company, better be called bodyshopping.

9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home