Google
 
Web Kodumai da saami!!


Thursday, December 15, 2005

Un kannai unnai ematrinal...


Ennoda tortoise coil took this long to take my flashback to April 1st..appo I was in another company. The company was showing losses in the financial results (ennai ellam vachikitta vera enna agum) and the HQ at Dallas decided to bring in a new CEO. Indha CEO vandhadhu vandhar, Texas-lerndhu varisaiya lay-off letters-a Hiroshima mela atom bomb kanakka avalo per mela veesi thallinar..(ofcourse, megalomaniac-nu ninaikaravangalukellam he showed justifications like cost-cutting, overhead etc). This is one end of the cord.

Innoru end-la we in India were thinking who next is going to be fired. Although my division was sure that no one would be fired, enga team-la irundha oru pudhu payyan aranduttan. Enkitta daily kettitirupan "Usha, we wont be affected, right?"-nu..Oru chinna background on this payyan, ivanoda work abilities mela enga team-ku nalla opinion kidayadhu coz this guy used to make up reasons for his faults at work and was passing remarks that most of us thought were out-of-bounds. Enkitta sambandhame illama Monday aniku "Man, I missed you a lot"-nuvan, adhavadhu ivar ennai Sat-Sun gap-la avalo miss panvaram..idhellam aniyayama therila?

Appodhan ennoda kuttisathan (yeah, the same kuttisathan) yosichudhu, ivanai en naama otta koodadhu-nu..

Date: April 1st
Venue: Office

I created a new mail-id using Yahoo having the display name as CEO's name (we had a convention of name/region/compname) and I sent a real nice mail saying that he had been fired and that he has to go talk to his manager and hoping that he understands the difficult phase the company is undergoing blah blah...and adhai avanuku anuppiten. Once I sent it, I went over to the area where he sits and sat next to him under the pretext of talking to another person. Meanwhile, the word had spread in that area and everyone was standing behind anxiously (indha manga adhai kooda gavanikkala)..I saw him opening his mailbox, there were four mails and mine was the 3rd. He slowly opened each mail and went through..1st..2nd and now the 3rd..We kept watching him and he was slowly going pale.

Ennaidhan ellathukum approach panvan, so he called me "Usha, look at this!!", naan romba porumaiya adhai parthuttu, "hey, its ok, go talk to the manager"-nu sonnen. He was like "Man! I am dead, I lost my job" adhu idhu-nu pethitu, he got up to go and talk to the manager. Me, anxious not to let him go, told him "Wait baba, the manager is not in yet, so relax yourself, we'll talk about this"..and he sat back with a blank expression..

I was standing next to him, people standing behind us, and everyone watching what was going on..this guy kept going paler and paler when I said "So, now you are completely tensed up?", he didnt realize the tone I said that and was just looking at me blankly when I said "I sent it" and smiled. He didnt believe his ears and said "What? Repeat it!" "I sent it" and bang, all his smiles re-appeared on his face and he held my hands in that moment of relief and tension blended in his whole mind "Usha, you saved me, man!!!"

'Ada paavi, logicallu nee enkitta kochikanum da, ivan enna thank panran???'

He hugged everyone around with a big relief written all over his face. The good thing here was that he didnt make a big issue out of this whereas this is really a sensitive issue. En luck-nudhan sollanum, but anyways, everyone had a good laugh..a few did say that I did a wrong thing, but i knew they enjoyed it too :)

So that was my kutti-sathan in action...tortoise back to its original time and date, ippo kutti sathan yosikudhu enna panlam indha DEO payyanai-nu..

5 Comments:

Blogger APAM NAPAT said...

Yekka,
konjam vaayaiyum kaiyaium vechuttu summa irunga. Neenga irukardhu singara chennai illa. Vellakaran ooru. paathu. oru nalla nanbanaa nenachu sollaren.
Ulagamey desis mela kaduppula irukaanunga, idhula avanukku indha madhiri edhavadhu anupidadheenga.

Romba mosamga neenga.

9:29 PM  
Blogger KC! said...

Chi chi, indha dev pasanga ellam Indians dhan..aana adhaiye attempt panna matten, vera edhavadhu pudhusa try panren, any ideas??

9:34 PM  
Blogger APAM NAPAT said...

Naan romba saadhu. Bayandha swabhavam. Enakku indha idea ellam varaadhu. Neenga dhan edhavadhu innovative-a seiyanum. Btw enna thirumbi ninnundu oru foto. Bayama? Per avadhu unmaiya poiyaa?

11:30 PM  
Blogger KC! said...

enaku endha bayamum kidayadhu, ungalai madhiri sadhukalai ellam bayamurutha venam-nu oru nallenam..avalodhan. But naan satshath Usha-dhan.

11:51 PM  
Blogger APAM NAPAT said...

Smart reply.

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home