Google
 
Web Kodumai da saami!!


Sunday, August 19, 2007

Madras-a suthi parka poren -II


Pona post-la sonnadhoda andha car ennai vidalai, adhukappuramum I had more things coming my way..

Andha mama episode-ku appuram, no one in my family was willing to trust me with the car. Naamadhan thanmanamulla thamizhachi ache...I had resolved not to touch the car despite my desire to have a go at it. Adhellam en thappa, oru mama thookathula ularardhu? I just did not know where the wiper button was, avalodhane? Adhuku poi enaku car access denied-na, kobam varadhu enaku?

Seri, irukara time-a chennai-la nimmadhiya spend pannalam-nu I was happily relaxing, when the day came when my brother had to go for his honeymoon. And he was asking me if I can drive the car back from the airport once they get off at the airport. Naamadhan samayasanjeevi ache ;), "yeah yeah, no worries anna" appadinu solten. En amma niraya try pannanga, taxi arrange pannikalam, night-la, I shouldn't be driving back alone-nu. Well, nadakardhudhane nadakum, so my mom also joined when we headed to the airport.

Vazhi full-a my bro was advising on the traffic and the time, and I was thinking...ennada idhu, can't I even handle this traffic, why are they so apprehensive? Anyways, finally my brother and sis-in-law got off, and we started back. Amma was talking about how there are some ruffians who create trouble out of nowhere, and how some of them also happen to be autodrivers, who'd find some reason to extort money, and she started talking about incidents that happened with family members.

The drive back was pretty good, despite the traffic and all that, and en ammavai parthu I smirked - "paaru amma, ain't I driving good?" Amma paaam, onnum solla mudiyala, eppadiyo poi seruma-nu thanni thelichu vittutanga.

I had neared my locality, and there was just one traffic signal remaining with green signal. kalakkara Usha-nu I was applauding myself..seri, green signal poradhukulla cross pannidalamnu ninaikarache, correcta a group of 10 people walked right in front of the car, and I had to halt, and the signal went to red. Seri ok, green signal-ku wait pannanume-nu I was cursing the group...thideernu a guy came and knocked my window. I rolled down the windows, and he asked me, "license iruka?" I was wondering, what on earth this gas delivery guy has got to do with my license. I was asking him about it, and he told me, "Unga car en bike-a idichuduchu"! Munnadi parkaren, there was no vehicle, except for a car. I looked at him puzzled, and he showed a bike that was laid sideways right behind my car!

"Enga, theriyamadhan kekkaren, how can I hit a bike that's behind me?", and he retorted saying I took a reverse and hit his bike. Idhu ennada vamba pochu, naama reverse-e edukkalaye-nu I was arguing with him, and he insisted that my car had hit his bike!! Idhula oru van-wala ennai support panni, avankitta vangi kattitu kilambittar :( And soon a crowd started gathering around the car, and everyone was talking at the same time. Oruthar kekkarar, "eppadinga munnadi irukara car pinnadi bike-a idika mudiyum?", and another guy says, "en reverse vandhu idikka koodadha?", and tension was slowly swelling up inside the car.

A few were advising him to let us go, coz we were ladies (vazhga India), and this guy fired back "So what?!" Enaku ulla already drums, guitar, nadaswaram ellam oru mega concert-e nadandhutrundhadhu, and I was hoping I'd get off this thing safely. Amma kitta, I had asked to remove her jewellery and keep it in the dashboard, so they dont think we are so well settled (irrational dhan, aana andha situation-la I could not think a lot). So the fight went on and on, and surprisingly no policeman yet (adhu lucky-a unlucky-a therila)...and finally someone told me to just leave and I think a few more joined hands with him, and they let me go.

Although I sped past the guy, I was praying all possible avatars that he does not contact the police and send us a notice. Amma, "kavalai padadha, anna parthuppan"-nu solli kooda I could not suppress my fear. When we finally slept, it was 1:00 AM, and I think I was yelling in my sleep "ayyo illa, naan illa, naan idikkala...."

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unga annan enna ma, veerasaamy vakilla...ellathayum parthuparu pola....anyways a situation very well handled !!!

9:14 AM  
Blogger vishy said...

hmm US la neenga car otinathu illa.. I think ella car la yume.. wiper ku switch ore edathula than irukkum nu..

10:35 AM  
Blogger Butterflies said...

Ithu tevaiyaaaa?

4:33 AM  
Blogger dakaltiz said...

magana ithu Kodumai!...

11:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

//ayyo illa, naan illa, naan idikkala//

ROTFL :)))

only one qshtn your honor.

nee adangave maatiyaa? :p

1:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahahahhaaa... I am keeping my fingers crossed that something like this sholdn't happen to me in Cheenai for my vacations.. :-s :-s

Unga kodumai mathavangalukku ottikadhulee???

10:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Usha... neenga kodumaiaya thedi poga vendiayuthu illa Kodumai ungalla thedi varumm... Might be bcoz of this blog, just an aprehension

3:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Driving in UK is a different story, if you want to drive in Chennai, it is not about how well we drive, it is about how many eyes we have to look for people from all direction and it is about how well others drive on the road.

Cheers
Godwin
godwin_tenzing@yahoo.com

4:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ROTFL..enakenamo unga maams thaan maru veshathula vanthu kalaichirupaaronu thonuthu :D
~gils

8:06 AM  
Blogger MT said...

got interested by the name of your blog...

madras suthi parka poren.. is very good!

5:02 AM  
Blogger நாகை சிவா said...

Erangi neega sound vittu irrutha... avan adangi irrupan.. ungakku license... 8 pottu than license vanginanu neenga appaidyey nonstop fma start panni irrukanum...

anyway வினை விதைத்தவன் வினை அறுப்பான்(ள்) என்பது உண்மை ஆயிடுச்சு ப்ரீயா விடுங்க..

4:33 AM  
Blogger Balaji S Rajan said...

First time to your blog through Veda's blog. I went post by post enjoying your humour. Daddy..Oh.. Daddy made me to sit straight and brought me sad. I could not read further. I appreciate your way of telling it. Keep it up brave young lady! Keep it up.

5:23 AM  
Blogger KK said...

yekka! chance'e illai... kodumai ungala bike eri thedi vanthu ungala idikuthu :)

11:37 AM  
Blogger Janani said...

Athu enna kodumai unga kooda lifelong lease eduthutu vanthu irukka????


Summa poonthu vilayadi irukeenga pola chennai traffic le...

7:37 AM  
Blogger Lavanya said...

chancey illa!

:D

3:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home