Google
 
Web Kodumai da saami!!


Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Sodhanai mel sodhanai...


Oru 4 days leave inga, and this week our phase was supposed to start. Naan appove sonnen ennoda manga manager kitta that it is better off starting next week coz there are various bottlenecks, aana andha manushan kekkala. When I called him up on Tuesday, he said we can start on Wednesday, seri vidhi yaarai vittudhu-nu I agreed to it.

Wednesday ellarum leave mudinji cooli velai-ku vandhoma, mudhalla data census edhuthom..first heart-attack - Weekend-la yaro oru paramathma data copyover panren pervazhi-nu oru empty database-a thooki innoru database-la copy pantan, all the data that we had created got lost! Erkaneve pending data count was in lakhs, and lost data was in half-a-lakh. Sooper da machi-nu I was looking for backups when a team offered that they had a backup for their application, but that it will take a day to configure their application for the restored backup.

Parvalla, naama pending data required for another application load panvom-nu plan panninen. My script is fine for a couple of thousand records, but indha madhiri 50000 ellam load panradhuku d(h)e(i)v(ams) dhan approach pannanum-nu I sat with them for options. Namma DEO dheivam oru code koduthudhu, koduthadhoda he offered to run one set of transaction worth 10000 records for me, and naan sandoshama avanai vazhthitte en desk-ku vandhu I modified that code to suit my records and ran it. It was parsing 30 records at a time, and idhai naan sonnadhuku, andha dheivam "you must have done something"-ntu poitan..'Ada paavi, un code, unga database, idhula naan ennada panven?' Oru couple of hours andha script was running to load 50000 records, and it was well into the evening. when the DEO guy came and asked me,

"Usha, what are you running?"
I said, "The code you gave me.."
"But, there are absolutely no records being created in the database, you better stop it"
Ada paavi makka, ippo vandhu solriye, drogi! "What?!!!"
"Yeah! and the transaction I ran also has inserted only 1280 records"
Ayyo, light-a nenju valikudhe.."god! So what on earth am I supposed to do for the records?"
"Don't worry, I'll sit with for all that data creation" Aaha, kalukkul eeram idhana?
It was almost 6 when we started that operation..it went until 8 to complete 75% of what we were attempting with snide remarks at each other. I went home with satisfaction that I am almost done.

Iniku kalaila vandhu partha oru mail from the first team, these are the records found-nu. Adhula suthama naan create pannirundha records-e kanom! Ketta, that was the backup taken on the 16th-nranga! Evanavadhu backup madhiyam edupana, kena kirukkas..I managed to find another backup that has, or so I assume, all the records I inserted and told that team to have that imported. Erkaneve ivalo mess-up, idhula rendu PMs enakedhira pesikaranga "She is finding innovative ways of keeping everyone occupied"-nu..ellam en neram! Now that is going to take till the end of today..

And now I am creating the remaining 25% of data, ennada idhu nalla problem-e illama pogudhu-nu sandosha p..a..t..t..e..n, perfect-a nadandhudhu andha mistake..I was trying to type a 5 to a query, and I instead pressed F5 and that executed all the queries in the window including a delete query! Govinda!!! Ellam pochu, now restart..anegame by eod, azha poren ninaikaren...but indha week is almost coming to an end, idhula enga execution arambikardhu-nu enaku sathiyama therila :(

Oru 9 hrs kazhichu am continuing this now...am still at work and still doing the same work! Guess what, evening almost ellam mudinju oru 50000 records vera application-ku podanumnra podhu, pudhu missile vittanga, this particular field should be only 8 characters long..and I had inserted 9 character long values!! Sema kadupu..after a bit of thinking I decided we'd rather trim a character in the existing fields-nu..and after that cropped up a new problem, the application just wasnt taking in data..after 2 hrs of discussion among those folks, I figured out the problem and told them, and that worked!! Aana innum ingayedhan iruken :( and it is 9:30 PM now, trying to complete the job...

2 Comments:

Blogger dfgfg said...

Ha ha ha ! good post.

P.S:
hey first time here.nice blog that you have...

9:46 AM  
Blogger KC! said...

Thanks Raaj :)

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home