Google
 
Web Kodumai da saami!!


Friday, December 30, 2005

NewZealand suthi parka porom!!!


Friday we were all set to travel to NewZealand, aaha oru pudhu country parka porom-nu sema enthu-oda kilambina..varisaya sodhanais..

Mudhalla we went to the Airport to board the Emirates flight, the flight was supposed to be by 8:30, and we were supposed to board a flight in ChristChurch in conjunction with this flight. Ulla porom..flight delayed-ntanga! Ada pavigala, anga iruka flight kilambi poidume-nu sema tension..I had to call up my Manager and Ms. Cashew to inform that I am not coming in. Mudhal coin potten Ms. Cashew-ku, and since I didnt want to say that I am going on a trip to NZ when our phase was nearing, I started:

"Hey am visiting the dentist to extract my tooth..so I won't be coming in"

"Oh ok"

(Voice overhead: The Flight No xxxxx will be departing shortly blah blah)

'Kashtam!!' "Hey, I will call our manager and tell him, meanwhile just take care of the pending tasks"

"Sure"

(Another voice overhead: Passengers are requested to blah blah)

'Gaalidi Usha nee' "Ok Bye"

"Bye"

Then I called up my manager praying no announcements should come, and fortunately none came until I was done. Then I called up Ms. Cashew to ask for some information and some announcement boomed again from above, kashtam da iraiva!

I hung up, and sometime later, came back and called her to tell her the truth coz I felt bad about the whole thing. Anyways, appuram flight kilambi ChristChurch reach aagumpodhu the Quantas flight had only 5 mins to take-off. Appo-nu parthu oru manga kitta mattintom immigration-la..she had a hell lot of questions on the passport, the occupation and stuff that we eventually missed the flight. Enga dhan pidikarangalo indha madhiri jeevans-a!

Seridhan, vera options parkalam-nu Emirates kitta help ketta, "adhu enga poruppu illa, we had just committed to drop you at ChristChurch"-nranga, seridhan-nu Quantas-a ketta, "you had opted our competitor's flight, so why would we help you?"-nranga..ada paavingala, passengers nilamai ellam ippadidhan poliruku!!

Well, we had booked hotels, car etc based on this plan, and now that it has bombed, enna panradhu-nu yosichintrundhom. Finally, we made a call to the travel agent, got things postponed but we still needed a hotel to stay for the night. We did manage to get one to stay at last.

Evening Gondola ride-nu onuthuku ponom, it offers a 360 degree view of Christchurch...semaya irundhadhu! I had always wanted to travel in a gondola from my childhood having watched old Hindi movies :)), a dream come true :)

1 Comments:

Blogger tris said...

I used to have a "pen-friend" in Christchurch

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home